Sometimes all you need to pull you through the after-lunch work blues is a jamtastic playlist (and maybe another cup of coffee). Here's what those of us at Pleth like to listen to when we need focus, energy or just some tunes to drown out the clacking of keyboards.
Craig gets pumped up with metal and high-energy rock, but can also be found listening to the likes of Sara Bareilles and Joss Stone.
- Sara Bareilles - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- The Ataris - The Boys Of Summer
- Styx - Renegade
- Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song
Greg loves anything by Mumford and Sons and anything classical.
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
Lanny tends to stay away from mainstream music, but loves modern big band jazz, orchestral and wind band music. Because he finds songs with lyrics distracting, he prefers to work to instrumental pieces and occasionally can be found listening to a choral piece in a foreign language. Oh, and he loves Weird Al Yankovic, but only during downtime (lyrics are distracting, remember?).
- Pat Metheny - Minuano (Six Eight), arranged for big band by Bob Curnow
- Pat Metheny - The First Circle, arranged for big band by Bob Curnow
- Er'cana Harvester from Uru: Ages Beyond Myst
- Credits from Super Mario Galaxy 2
Sam is really passionate about music! During work hours he's most likely listening to electronic and dance music from DJs like Tiësto, Morgan Page and lots more. But he also is a huge fan of Belle and Sebastian, Nina Simone and Joni Mitchell, and loves dream pop from artists like the Cocteau Twins and Washed Out.
- Carla Bruni - Quelqu'un M'a Dit
- Moby - Live for Tomorrow
- Feist - Graveyard
- Kings of Convenience - I'd Rather Dance With You
Stephen, or "Kegal" as he's known around the office, listen to classic rock bands like The Eagles, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, AC/DC, Jimmy Buffett, Joe Walsh, Meat Loaf, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Tom Petty. But he also likes The Black Keys, Sonia Dada, Nickelback and Collective Soul.
- Eagles - Life's Been Good
- Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
- Guns N' Roses - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Steven likes listening to NPR and subscribes to over 120 tech and gaming podcasts like This Week in Tech, Tech News Today, The Talk Show, Buzz Out Loud, The Shaft, YogPod and East Meets West. When he does listen to music, he tends to stick with fast tempo and lots of bass.
- Excision - Existence VIP
- Ajapai - What Do You Hear?
- Cults - Go Outside
- Funeral Party - New York City Moves to the Sound of L.A.
Cotton joins Kegal in his love for classic rock. But he also has a softer side, listening to tunes from Alanis Morissette and Amy Winehouse.
His favorite artists include Grateful Dead, Van Morrison, Moody Blues, Pearl Jam, Amy Winehouse (cried when she died), Everlast, Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins and Bruce Springsteen.
What are you listening to? Let us know!